- Abel, K., Uuskula A., Rahu M., Rajaleid K., Talu, A., Ruutel, K., Platt, L., Bobrova, N. and Rhodes, T. (2008) Knowledge of HIV serostatus and risk behaviour among injecting drug users in Estonia, Addiction (under review).
- Bernays S., Rhodes T. (2008) Experiencing inconsistent HIV treatment delivery in a transitional setting: Qualitative study, AIDS Care (in press)
- Bernays, S. Jankovic Terzic, K. & Rhodes, T. 2008. Being Positive: Experiences from Serbia and Montenegro. London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London. http://www.hivpodrska.org.rs/beingpositive/
- Bobrova N, Rughnikov U, Neifeld E, Rhodes T, Alcorn R, Kirichenko S, Power R. Challenges in providing drug user treatment services in Russia: providers' views. Substance Use and Misuse 2008; 43(12&13): 1770-1784.
- Bonell C, Weatherburn P, Rhodes T, Hickson F, Keogh P, Elford J. Addressing gay men's use of methamphetamine and other substances. Addiction Research and Theory 2008; 16: 417-420.
- Bonell C, Fletcher A. Addressing the wider determinants of problematic drug use: advantages of whole-population over targeted interventions. International Journal of Drug Policy 2008; 19(4):267-269.
- Conroy E, Kimber J, Dolan K, Day C. An examination of the quality of life among rural and outer metropolitan injecting drug users in NSW, Australia. Addiction Research and Theory 2008; 16(6): 607-617.
- Faulkner N., McCambridge J., Slym R.L., Rollnick S. (2008) It aint what you do, its the way that you do it? A qualitative study of advice for young cannabis users. Drug & Alcohol Review, in press.
- Feinstein L, Sabates R, Sorhaindo A, Rogers I, Herrick D, Northstone K
and Emmett P. Dietary patterns and nutrient intakes related to attainment
in school: The importance of early eating patterns. Journal of Epidemiology
and Community Health (in press).
- Fletcher A, Bonell C (2008) Detaching youth work to reduce drug and alcohol-related harm. Public Policy Research, 15 (4): 217-223.
- Fletcher A, Bonell C, Hargreaves J (2008) School effects on young people's drug use: a systematic review of intervention and observational studies. Journal of Adolescent Health, 42 (3): 209-220.
- Fletcher A, Harden A, Brunton G, Oakley A, Bonell C (2008) Interventions addressing the social determinants of teenage pregnancy. Health Education, 108 (1): 29-39.
- Forrester, D, McCambridge, J., Waissbein, C., & Rollnick, S. How do child and family social workers talk to parents about child protection issues?, Child Abuse Review (2007); 17:23-35.
- Forrester, D, McCambridge, J., Emlyn-Jones, R., Waissbein, C., & Rollnick, S. (2007) Child risk and parental resistance: the impact of training social workers in motivational interviewing. British Journal of Social Work (2008); 38:1302-1319.
- Hargreaves J, Bonell C, Boler T, Boccia D, Birdthistle I, Fletcher A, Pronyk P, Glynn J (2008) Systematic review exploring time-trends in the association between educational attainment and risk of HIV infection in sub-Saharan Africa. AIDS, 22 (3):403-414.
- Hickman M, McDonald T, Judd A, Nichols T, Hope V, Skidmore S and Parry JV. Increasing the uptake of hepatitis C virus testing among injecting drug users in specialist drug treatment and prison settings by using dried blood spots for diagnostic testing: a cluster randomized controlled trial. Journal of Viral Hepatitis 2008; 15: 250-254.
- Hope V, Kimber J, Vickerman P, Hickman M, Ncube F. Frequency, factors and costs associated with injection site infections: Findings from a national multi-site survey of injecting drug users in England. BMC Infectious Diseases 2008; 8: 120-127.
- Judd A., Rhodes T, Johnston L, Platt L et al (2008) Improving survey methods in sero-epidemiological studies of injecting drug users: A case example of two cross-sectional surveys in Serbia and Montenegro, BMC Public Health, 9:14.
- Judd A., Rhodes T, Johnston L, Platt L et al (2008) Hepatitis C and HIV prevalence in a respondent-driven sample of injecting drug users in Serbia and Montenegro, AIDS (submitted)
- Kimber J, Mattick RP, Kaldor J, Van Beek I, Gilmour S and Rance JA. Process and predictors of drug treatment referral and referral uptake at the Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre. Drug and Alcohol Review (2008), 1-11.
- Kimber J, Hickman M, Degenhardt L, Coulson T, van Beek I. (2008) Estimating the size of the IDU population and coverage of a medically supervised injecting centre: Sydney, Australia. Addiction (in press).
- Linke, S., McCambridge, J., Khadjesari , Z., Murray, E., Wallace, P. Development of a psychologically enhanced interactive on-line intervention for hazardous drinking. Alcohol and Alcoholism (2008); 43:669-674.
- McCambridge J. (2008) A response to the commentaries: Look away now or face up to the profound problem of publication bias in drug education research. Drug & Alcohol Review 27: 352-356.
- McCambridge J & Day M. Randomized controlled trial of the effects of completing the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test questionnaire on self-reported hazardous drinking. Addiction 2008; 103(2):241-8.
- McCambridge J. & Jenkins, R.J. Do brief interventions which target alcohol consumption also reduce cigarette smoking? Systematic review and meta-analysis. Drug & Alcohol Dependence (2008); 96: 263-270.
- McCambridge, J, Hunt, C, Slym, R.L., Strang J. RCT of Motivational Interviewing compared with Drug Information and Advice for early intervention among young cannabis users. Addiction (2008); 103:1809-1818.
- Mitcheson L, McCambridge J, Winstock A, Hunt N, (2007) Sexual health risk among dance drug users: cross-sectional comparisons with nationally representative data. International Journal of Drug policy (in press).
- Patterson, S., Weaver, T., Agath, K., Albert, E., Rhodes T et al (2008) 'They can't solve the problem without us': A qualitative study of stakeholder perspectives on user involvement in drug treatment services in England, Health and Social Care in the Community, 17: 54-62
- Platt L, Rhodes T, Hickman M, MikHailova, L., Lisetsky K., Sarang A, Lewis K, Parry J (2008) Changes in HIV prevalence and risk among new injectors in a Russian city of high HIV prevalence, Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 47(5):623-631.
- Platt L, Sutton A, Hickman H, Parry J, Rhodes T (2008) Measuring risk of HIV and HCV infection among injecting drug users in the Russian Federation: the use of force of infection models and behavioural data in second-generation surveillance surveys of HIV, Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Submitted).
- Rhodes T., Bernays S, Jankovic K. (2008) Medical promise and the recalibration of expectation: Hope and HIV treatment engagement in a transitional setting, Social Science and Medicine, 68 (6): 1050-1059.
- Rhodes T, Zikic B, Prodanovic A, Kuneski E, Bernays S. Hygiene and uncertainty in qualitative accounts of hepatitis C transmission among drug injectors in Serbia. Social Science & Medicine 2008; 66:1437-1447.
- Rhodes T, Treloar C. (2008) The social production of hepatitis C risk among injecting drug users: A qualitative synthesis, Addiction, 103: 1593-1603.
- Rhodes T, Prodanovic A, ikic B, Kuneski E, and Bernays S. (2008) Trust, disruption and responsibility in accounts of injecting equipment sharing and hepatitis C risk. Health, Risk and Society, 10(3): 221-240.
- Rhodes T, Simic, S, Baros S. Police violence and sexual risk among female and transvestite sex workers in Serbia: Qualitative study, British Medical Journal 2008; 337; a811
- Sarang, A., Rhodes, T., Platt, L. (2008) Access to syringes in three Russian cities: Implications for syringe distribution and coverage, International Journal of Drug Policy 19 (suppl 1): 25-36.
- Simic M, Rhodes T (2008) Violence, dignity and HIV vulnerability: Sex work in Serbia, Sociology of Health and Illness (in press)
- Strathdee, S., Lozada, R., Pollini, R., Brouwer, K. C., Mantsios, A., Abranovitz, D. A, Rhodes, T. et al (2008) Indivdual, social and environmental influences associated with HIV infection among injecting drug users in Tijuana, Mexico, Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome 47(3): 369-376.
- Thomas, B. & McCambridge, J. (2008) Comparative psychometric study of a range of hazardous drinking measures administered online in a youth population. Drug & Alcohol Dependence 96: 121-127.
Tomkins S., Allen E., Savenko O., McCambridge J., Saburova L., Kiryanov N., Oralov A., Gil A., Leon D.A., McKee M., Elbourne D. (2008) The HIM (Health for Izhevsk Men) trial protocol. BMC Health Services Research 8:69 doi:10.1186/1472-6963-8-69.
Uuskula, A., Kals, M., Rajaleid, K., Abel, K., Talu, A., Ruutel, K., Platt L., Rhodes T, and Des Jarlais D C. (2008) High prevalence and high estimated incidence of HIV infection among new injecting drug users in Estonia, Journal of Public Health 30: 119-125.